Re: raid controller & debian

I had the same question not too long ago, and 3ware came up as one of the choices. But, if I
remember correctly, it slows the system down quite a bit on a rebuild.

I have since been told by some guru's I know that the IBM ServeRaid 3HB (IBM p/n 37L6086) was
the best choice, and mine is being delivered today. Retail is supposed to be around $279, but
I found one online for $149. To my knowledge, these are out of production, but there are a lot
still hanging around. One friend found one, used, on ebay, for around $70.

I'll be installing this evening so you can write me direct if you want to know how it goes.

Rod