Re: Exim (v3) - How to configure a backup MX?

> I'm wondering how it's possible to configure Exim as a Backup-MX for my
> Primary-MX. The Backup-MX should recieve all Mails adressed to him and
> try every x Minutes (let x be 5) to forward them to the primary MX. In
> case this fails it should keep on trying for an unlimited time.

All you do is add the primary's domain to the domains you'll relay for.
Say the domain you want a secondary for is "primary.com", and the secondary
MX will be on "mail.secondary.com".  Then in your exim config in
"mail.secondary.com", you'd put:

relay_domains = primary.com

Now, when mail flows in for "primary.com", you'll queue it and attempt to
deliver it as per the normal rules.

Later,
	Dale
--