Re: chmod in SFTP

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 10:39, Clement Hermann wrote:
> SFTP is nothing but ssh... I don't think there is a way with plain ssh
> to limit users such a way.
> By the way, if you allow sftp login, users will be able to log in to a
> shell.

Unless you set the shell to scponly in which case, they get only sftp.
you will of course also have to install the scponly package

Best wishes,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com