Re: chmod in SFTP

Ahtonín Karásek wrote:

Hello everybody,
I have a small ISP and want to open SFTP. But I don't want users to be able to chmod files. I want rights to be 660 for files and 770 for directories. Is there any way how to do it?

SFTP is nothing but ssh... I don't think there is a way with plain ssh to limit users such a way. By the way, if you allow sftp login, users will be able to log in to a shell.

Many thanks :o)

PS: One more question: When can I expected OpenSSH 3.5 to be included in Debian-stable?

maybe when sarge turn into stable... stable doesn't change, except for security fix.

--
Administrateur syste`mes et réseaux | +33 (0)4-76-44-50-50 | Business & Decision.Eolas | http://www.eolas.fr | ------------------------------------|----------------------|