Re: Promise Fasttrack 100

dmesg is probably the culprit that is spamming your console.

Do a "dmesg -n 6", or just a "dmesg -n 1" to get rid of the console spam.

You are going to need to add a line that does this command to your boot scripts.

Syslog can also direct logging messages toward your console, so check your syslog configuration too.

Did the RAID function of the controller actually work?

Welcome to Debian!

Alain Bidaud wrote:

Hi,

I'm planning on migrating my servers from Redhat to Debian. The servers are Gigabyte with Promise Fasttrack 100 card for IDE Raid Support. The installation of woody went ok using the bf2.4 boot floppies.

But when I removed a disk to simulate a disk failure on my raid1 array, it began to complain on hde missing, and lots lots of input/output error. Even if I could still have a shell on the server, I couldn't do much apart from powering off and on the server to reboot it.

Has anyone seen this problem and has a solution for it ?

Regards

--
# Jesse Molina
# Mail = jesse@opendreams.net