Re: Promise Fasttrack 100

The RAID1 function works fine until I remove one of the disk to simulate a disk failure. I then get all these failure messages on the console, the system doesn`t seem to be stuck, but actually I can't start any program and I have no other choice than do a power off/on to reboot the server. What seems strange to me is that I see the raid controller on /dev/ataraid/dp0 but I also see the individual disk on /dev/hde and /dev/hdg. When using RedHat I only saw the raid controller on /dev/sda but I was then using the closed source driver from Promise

Perhaps there is some options to append at boot time to avoid the system from detecting the individual disk or something else?

Alain