# RE: ISP is just too fascist

I am Marian.Petrisor@siemens.com

To clarify things,
present configuration is:

MyDebianStation - (proxy server/DHCP server=ISP's Proxy) - internet

the IP's are given dynamically according to the MAC address of each PC in
the network.

The IP - MAC pairing is edited by hand (I saw it myself)

The ISP's workstaion is connected respecting the same schematics, but it
has unlimited http/ftp/.... access

He is planning to make a VPN between his wks and the server in order to
protect from somebody else stealing his MAC and as a consequence his IP and
rights to the inet.

Note that anybody that doesn't have a valid MAC address isn't given an IP
address and doesn't have access to the inet or so he says (read he = ISP).I
don't know if this is
true!!!

K Free E-mail http://www.k.ro/
Vacante si calatorii prin http://www.romaniantourism.ro/