Re: Traffic Accounting

Am 12:27 2003-07-20 -0400 hat George Georgalis geschrieben:

>I don't run it, I'm just a by stander; but I bet you are not dealing
>with cpu issues but disk io. run top and compare system load to your cpu
>state % idle time.
>
>If you've got idle cpu, and load over one, you are most likely dealing
>with disk speed not cpu.... time for hardware scsi, striped raid, on 15k
>rpm disks :-P unfortunatly that's a lot more difficult and expensive
>than upgrading cpu and ram :-\

Hmm, I have a very low disk-usage...
I save the results all 5 Minutes and this give a very short
flash at the HD LED. Oh yes, I hav only a 5400 prm.

All work of ipac is done in memory...

Michelle

--
Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
| Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |