Re: Traffic Accounting

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 15:58, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Russian Secret Service Agent...
>
> Am 23:35 2003-07-19 +0300 hat kgb geschrieben:
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >Which is best way for traffic accounting i use ipac-ng but i don't like
> >it anymore because it make my system under high load.
> >
> >Thanks in advanced.
>
> I think there is no other choice...
>
> I use ipac on a 100 MBit LAN where I count the traffic of five
> 11 MBit WaveLAN-Channels... where ipac has two NIC's and is
> In-Line between the Main-Router and the Switch where the Lucent
> ORINOCO COR-1100 and wireless Bridges are connected...
>
> Each channel has 120 Clients...
>
> I use a AMD Athlon XP 2400+ with 512 MByte of memory and the
> load is around 17...
>
> I have for each client (all fixed IP's) two rules (rx/tx) to the
> Internet and two rules (rx/tx) to the internal mail-Server.
>
> So I have completly 2400 rules plus som special-rules to count
> ftp, http, shttp and mail traffic.
>
> In summary around 2500 rules.
>
> What Do you have ???
>
> Thanks
> Michelle
>
> --
> Registered Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Michelle's Internet-Service                    Inh.  Michelle Konzack    |
> | FunkLAN-Providerin                                                       |
I have over 2000 rules "bgpeer tx/rx", "internet tx/rx", "local traffic tx/rx"
machine is AMD Athlon XP 1700+ with 1G ram i forgot how many rules are
limit in iptables but when they are so many this is really sucks this is
on 100Mbit LAN the problem is when fetchipac is running and ipacsum because
file in /var/lib/ipac-ng/data.db is over 5G when file i smaller traffic is smaller
or fetchipac and ipacsum is not running everything is fine i think thats can not be
the only one way...

--
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes!