Re: Debian Co-location in USA

Hi, since my company offers Debian servers, so I thought I'd chime in.

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 07:09 AM, Duncan Robertson wrote:
<snipped>

I have read there is a company in the UK offering virtual UserModeLinux
servers but dont know much about them, but it could be a good option
where root access is needed more than a dedicated CPU.

We were very happy with our Australian hosting service. Unfortunately
they had to pass on the ridiculous Australian data volume rates of their
ISP on to us so we had to move elsewhere..

Duncan

Aktiom Networks LLC (www.aktiom.net) offers something similar to UserModeLinux, but better in my opinion ;-). You can get a Debian 3.0 GNU/Linux server starting at $60/month, running on beefy hardware. Please be aware that these are not dedicated linux servers; we have multiple client servers running on each physical machine. But, the servers and data are completely partitioned and secure from other clients. This is a nice alternative from the $100+ dedicated server options if you don't need that much power.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me on the list or privately.

Glenn Oppegard
Aktiom Networks LLC