Re: Debian Co-location in USA

Am 13:27 2003-07-15 +1000 hat Jeremy Lunn geschrieben:

>One of my clients is looking into hosting a server in the USA, since it
>costs much less than doing it here in Australia.

>Has anyone had any experience with any hosting companies that provide
>such service?

It was me in germany with a dueal 34 Mbit Backbone...

>The level of support probably doesn't matter, as long as the basics are
>provided.  They are currently looking at Candid Hosting
>(http://www.candidhosting.com/CGI/Dedicated.asp), however they
>only provide Red Hat and FreeBSD.  So any plan would have to be equal to
>or better than the Candid $130/month deal.
>
>Any advice would be appreciated.

But why not use your own server and let it host anywhere...
I have done this for 250 Euro/month (please note: In germany
I must pay for traffic even if I have a 34 MBit Backbone...)

Now in France I will get two 2 MBit Backbone (Loadbalancing)
with 256 IP-Adresses from UUnet and I will host Client Servers.

In Strasbourg/France I pay for a 2 MBit Backbone around 2920
Euro/month but traffic unlimited... Right to start my new
Busines.

My problem is curently only the Bank (small moneyproblem at me)

Have a nice day or morning ;-))
Michelle