International character sets and apache

Hi,

I am currently struggling to understand internationalization issues.  Woody's
apache by default seems to set this http header:

I am needing to support some websites with polish now, which requires
iso-8859-2.  If a meta tag is set within the html it seems to be ignored (the
http header takes precedence).

Does anyone know of a good tutorial on handling these issues, since I've spent
most of my life dealing only with English this is pretty new to me.  Can I
just set the default charset to utf-8?

Thanks,
--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                       Debian GNU/Linux