From: Jason Lim [mailto:maillist@jasonlim.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 25 June 2003 9:27 AM
To: Jesse Molina; Thomas Kirk
Cc: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Large Hard Disks and Debian

Well, since no one has said it yet, I'll chip in...

We've have great results by using 3ware cards. Their drivers are fully
open source, and are available as part of the source kernel as well, so
you don't have to wait for the right drivers to come out for a particular
kernel release (very annoying when the kernel is waaaay ahead of their
binary driver releases)

I don't know about the price, but when we were considering all the various
RAID cards, 3ware's price was approximately the same as those from
Promise. If Promise's cards were significantly cheaper, our decision might
have been different, but as is, the 3ware cards won out :-)

Sincerely,
Jas