Re: mod_rewrite : the weapon of mass-destruction.

The first item of the rewrite command cannot include a hostname in it, only the location on the host and name of the object they're asking for.

You need to use a RewriteCond clause before the RewriteRule to check the host name.

Refer to http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_rewrite.html

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} anotherdomain\.ext$
RewriteRule /.* /site2.html [L]

And try putting the

RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog /var/log/apache/rewrite.log