Re: HELP .. need to upgrade libc6 to a higher version ????

On Saturday 07 June 2003 16:25, Gregory Machin wrote:
> 1 ) I need to upgrade libc6 to a test version so i can install clamav ,
> but it has a lot of dependanies .. how do i install the new version ?

You have three real options, one of which you've already identified ->
upgrading to testing or unstable...

The other two are:

- Recompile the clamav (and associated) packages from source - it's less scary
than you think!

- Use an unofficial APT source. .. search on www.apt-get.org - you're bound to
find a kind soul who's recompiling these packages for woody!

Cheers,
Gavin.