Redhat NTPD updating from Debian NTPD

Can anyone point me to the proper documentation for getting a Redhat NTP
daemon to synchronize it's time reference from a Debian NTP daemon. I just
installed a Redhat 9 server (only because I had to) on our network of
primarily Debian (Stable) servers. It was easy enough to configure Debian to
synchronize from two "internal" masters which themselves sync with selected
NTP stratum 2 servers. The "ntpservers" file originally listed Redhat as the
master reference, but changing this to use our internal servers reports no
valid servers found.