Re: [G] can't get mysqld to acceppt connections ..

On May 19, 2003 01:06 pm, Gregory Machin wrote:

> Please could some one help, i can't get php page to connect via port 3306
> , i have set mysqld to listen on ip interfaces in the config. i have
> created a user in the in User and db with permitions but still get the
> following errors ..

Then you didn't set the permissions quite correctly or you manually inserted
the privilege records without reloading the privilege tables.    If you
manually insert records into mysql.user and mysql.db then I believe you
either restart mysql or do a "mysqladmin reload".

> Warning: Host '196.7.39.241' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
> server in /home/web/linuxpro.co.za/www/htdocs/dev/index.php on line 7
>
> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Host '196.7.39.241' is not allowed to
> connect to this MySQL server in
> /home/web/linuxpro.co.za/www/htdocs/dev/index.php on line 7
> couldn't connect to sever

Log into your mysql server as root (or as any user with GRANT privileges) and
issue the following command:

    GRANT ALL ON mail.* TO web@'196.7.39.241' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';

That's how it looks to me anyway ... substitute ALL  with
SELECT,INSERT,WHATEVER if the user doesn't need all privileges.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Brampton, Ontario, Canada                                 Debian GNU/Linux