Re: Network monitor

Ghe Rivero wrote:

> Hi!
> 	I would like to monitor a complex and heterogeneus
> network, but i dont
> know what to use for it. It should be almost real time monitor and has
> any kind of alerts (sound, sms..) Any idea? Thx
>
> Ghe  Rivero

I use netsaint, and heard of other tools like big brother or big sister.

Netsaint sends emails by default, and supports 2 different email addrs. I
set up one of them to point to an sms gateway. It also supports sounds
(playing from the web browser). It's successor, Nagios, is currently in
unstable, and supports databases (mysql for sure, and I think postgres too).

Thomas