RE: large files

<please pardon me using Outbreak, I'm browsing the list from work, and it's
what I have...>

> Ideas?  Other than killing them, of course, no matter how
> tempting that is...

I think you've gotten some good ideas so far, including the --max-depth=
option to restrict the depth of search, and another one that I use quite a
bit on my home system is --exclude.  I didn't see you mention it, but using
--exclude you could tell 'du' to ignore the .snapshot directories and other
stuff you know isn't the problem, or just want it to 'overlook'.  Comes in
handy when doing a 'du' on the / directory, otherwise du wants to tally up
/proc... Eeek!

HTH,

Monte