Re: Privacy in virtual hosting environment

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 03:42:03PM +0100, Darren Clark wrote:
> To lock down php scripts running in a virtual host you can use the
> open_basedir directive in the apache conf. This will ensure that no
> scripts running in the directory can read files outside of the specified
> directory. e.g
>
> php_value open_basedir  /home/vhost/vhostsite

Assuming you also lock down system() and other such commands...
This was discussed on this list recently (where I was taught a thing or
two. :-)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-isp/2003/debian-isp-200303/msg00237.html

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

use, duplication and distribution.