Apache byte logging questions

Hey folks!

I've got an interesting apache logging question that someone might be able to
answer. I know this isn't an apache specific list, but someone might know.

I maintain a server that hosts game files for another company. The company wants
to know how many successful downloads of the game was completed - not just
transfers that started but didn't complete.

I'm thinking the best way to pull out this info is to find each host in the
logs, and combine the bytes transferred to see if it equals the size of the
file.

Is there any easier way to do this? Has anyone ever dealt with such a situation
before and can provide some advice?

Thanks in advance!

-- DL