Re: Partitioning a Web Server

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:43 am, Daniel Brown wrote:

> Using partitions or loop devices in web-hosting is only a good idea if
> you're providing virtual private servers -- or similar special
> purposes.

Any suggestions for a server with 100's of vhosts and 1000's of users but
nothing in /etc/passwd as they are all completely virtual (so quotas won't
work) ?

Has anyone here tried this (there is a deb) ?

 http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc?prjstate=1&nodoc=0

If so, will it scale to 1000s of users per server ?

--markc