From: Andreas Vent-Schmidt [mailto:a.vent@procommerz.de]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 2:43 AM
To: David Wilk
Cc: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: apache-ssl restart fails after monthly logrotate

Hi,

may be there is a little hint to the problem:
When I read about the unability to successfully send a "reload"
command to the apache, I remembered the fact that my Apache 2.0.44
fails that, too.

(I do not use logrotate for apache logs, but I restart the server for
other reasons every month.)

I have the Apache compiled and installed from sources myself - not
from Debian package! The "/etc/init.d/apachectl graceful" or
"/etc/init.d/apachectl reload" do not work - "...apachectl stop;
...apachectl start" does.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Have a good day,
Andreas