Re: apache-ssl restart fails after monthly logrotate

Hi,

may be there is a little hint to the problem:
When I read about the unability to successfully send a "reload" command to the apache, I remembered the fact that my Apache 2.0.44 fails that, too.

(I do not use logrotate for apache logs, but I restart the server for other reasons every month.)

I have the Apache compiled and installed from sources myself - not from Debian package! The "/etc/init.d/apachectl graceful" or "/etc/init.d/apachectl reload" do not work - "...apachectl stop; ...apachectl start" does.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Have a good day,
Andreas

 time on one of his servers. The only way that seems to work actualy is
 to replace "reload" in logrotate.d/apache-ssl with "restart"!!! But can

--
procommerz - Internet fuer Unternehmen
http://www.procommerz.de | 033925-90710