Re: Http server with authenticated user suexec cgi's

Hello Dustin

On 2 Apr 2003 at 8:07, Dustin Douglas wrote:

> I don't know of anything that does everything that you want, but a
> good starting point might be the apache suexec docs. For apache 1.3.x
> they can be found at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html
>
> Implementing the desired functionality is left as an exercise to the
> reader.

Apache suexec will not do this. This runs the cgi scripts with the
uid of the "owner" of the website, where there are many websites with
many "owners" on the same server.

I am looking for a system to run the cgi scripts with the uid of the
authenticated user. Ie, one server, one web site, many system users
each running the cgi's with their own uid.

This is the same security situation as a user logging in via a telnet
prompt and running system utilities like "ls" or "vi". Except I want
the user to login via a web page and run cgi's to make things more
user friendly.

Regards

Ian

Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388  Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa