Re: Http server with authenticated user suexec cgi's

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:57:10 +0200
"I. Forbes" <iforbes@zsd.co.za> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have been playing with scripts to implement some "intranet
> functions" via a webrowser cgi interface.
>
> However I quicky run into a problem with all cgi scripts running
> with a single uid/gid (normally that of the apache server). To make
> things work, I must give the httpd server user more rights than I
> want to (or make the cgi's suid root).

I don't know of anything that does everything that you want, but a
good starting point might be the apache suexec docs. For apache 1.3.x
they can be found at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

Implementing the desired functionality is left as an exercise to the
reader.

--
Dustin Douglas