Re: iptables default

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:14:30PM +1100, Glenn Hocking wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've got a couple of simple port forwarding rules to forward from a
> debian/testing ADSL Internet gateway to a citrix box but are unsure how
> to make them stay loaded after a reboot.
>
> Is there a default rule table somewhere? Or do I need to just execute
> the commands from a script on startup?

No, yes.

I usually create an /etc/init.d/firewall for this purpose which I link
to from /etc/rc2.d/S25firewall and /etc/rc0.d/K15firewall.

A simple version contains something like this:

set -x

case $1 in
	start|restart|reload)
	echo Establishing firewall.
	;;

	stop)
	echo Removing firewall.
	;;

	*)
	echo Usage: $0 '{start|stop}'
	exit 1
	;;
esac

### Flush rules and delete custom chains

iptables -F

# iptables -X customchain1 2>/dev/null
# iptables -X customchain2 2>/dev/null

[ $1 = stop ] && exit 0

### Create custom chains and rules below

Cheers,

Emile.

--
E-Advies - Emile van Bergen           emile@e-advies.nl