Re: Oracle 9i on Linux

Hi

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 08:00:06PM -0500, Theodore Knab wrote:
> I also heard that Oracle uses its own filesystem on top of
> whatever filesystem you use.
Yes, that's true.
You often just use a raw file system to install oracle, so oracle wont
suffer from I/O problems of a second involved file system, as oracle
comes with its own buffermechanism for files. This is more efficient.

> Additionally, the RedHat people compile special kernels for
> running Oracle. You might want to see why.
Really? I had mind increasing shared memory size was sufficient. Might be
some special tweaking kernel stuff.

Someone knows more?

> This howto might be helpful even though it is for RedHat.
> http://www.puschitz.com/OracleOnLinux.shtml
Nice one, bookmarked

MfG/Regards, Alexander

--