Re: Apache DocumentRoot as symlink

Rod Rodolico wrote:

Been playing with this for a little while. I need to set up my Apache
DocumentRoot to be a symlink on the devel box. Any clues? I can do a work
around, but it would be really nice to just use symlinks.

I have set up followsymlink under the permissions for /, and under several
other directories, and given permissions (very, very lax ones) to all of
the directories I would be linking to, but still no joy.

Any help would be great. BTW, I know never to do this on a production box.

Thanks,

Rod

Yeah, my virtual conf works exclusively off symlinks, it simplifies things like disabling a domain quickly, without having to worry about removing content, I'd be interested to hear the reasoning
behind not using symlinks for DocumentRoot.

--
Duane Powers
uberLAN Technologies