Re: xfs vs jfs performance

There is no question, XFS and JFS have better perf than ext3. However,
in your particular problem, i would look at the FS performances as a
last resort. What about the general IO of this box ? (hdd quality , bus
speed , etc..etc..). Againm 500 files operations a minute does not
sounds to me as a real big load (if it was a second then yes ;), so the
only thing i'm saying  is that the problem may be somewhere else.

JeF