Re: Multiple servers for 1 domain name?

Hi,

I'm not an ISP admin, so I don't know exactly how to do this, but I've
got a vague idea that it's possible.  For more detailed instructions,
you'll have to RTFM or ask someone smarter than I am.

First, set up your DNS to have the name "members.isp.com" point to all
of the machines, randomly or round-robin style.

Second, set up each machine to serve the pages that are on it, and use
Apache's redirection to redirect the pages that aren't on it to the
correct server.

This way, you get no single point of failure, and one name that addresses
them all.  The only downside I can see is that most of the time there is
a redirection slowing things down (since if you pick a random server,
chances are that the page isn't there and it will need to redirect).
Oh, and it may be ugly to maintain, depending on how the redirection
thing goes.

    --- Wade