Re: IMAP / POP... permissions?

Jason Lim wrote:

I need to teach a mailbox how to implement permissions. Specifically, how to deny a client's deletion commands.

Do you mean make it "read-only"?

Mostly. But I know that IMAP stores things like lastread locally, and I don't want to interfere with that.

So not... completely read-only. But yes, that's the general idea.

Everything I've read so far tells me that it's gonna be nigh-on impossible without brittle permission tricks or source hacking. I'm really hoping someone has a better answer.

--
Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@almostcosmic.com>