Re: Apache / PHP4 config problem (newbee on PHP)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 at 17:32:45 +0100, Gregoire Hostettler wrote:
> Thank you for your response.
>
> I moved the script to its original location (/var/www) but I get a strange
> behavior:
>
> - Using IE6, the browser asks me if I want to download the test.php script
> (???)
> - If I rename the .php script to .html, it displays just the header, nothing
> else, which is correct imho

Yes.

> - If I try to access test.php via lynx, it just displays the html text.
> There is a tmp html file created, althought
>
> It seems to me that the php4 engine never starts to generate pages...

Or Apache doesn't recognise .php files as files for PHP4.

> Any other idea ?

I seem to remember that I had to add these lines into srm.conf to have
PHP4 working:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

(.php3 in case there are files ending with .php3).

Note: this is
x-httpd-php  _not_
x-httpd-php4  which you have got in your srm.conf.

PS. Please, switch OFF unconditionally composing HTML-ised messages in
your mail program (your original question contained HTML-ised version)!

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.