Apache / PHP4 config problem (newbee on PHP)

Dear all,

Hope I am at the right place/list.

Got a (supposed) config problem with PHP4/Apache.

OS: Debian potato 2.2r7, kernel 2.2.19
Apache 1.3.9 (Debian implementation)
PHP4 4.0.3pl1-0p

Attached are both the httpd.conf and srm.conf files, along with the access.log, error.log, php script involved and the output of apache -V (apachev file).

I think that this should not be a tough problem, but all FAQs and manuals I have read already are stating different things which seem not be compatible. That is why I turn to you, Debian gurus ;-)

Any clue highly appreciated !

Caracal - G. Hostettler
6, ch. du Raidillon
1522 Lucens