Re: SCSI or IDE

Hep

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:47:54PM -0800, Eric Jennings wrote:

> For what it's worth, I'm running a 3Ware 6410 card (4 port IDE RAID-5
> with three 60 GB 7200 drives) on our development server, and it works
> flawlessly.  One of the nice features is that it can support email
> notification of array rebuilds and drive issues/failures, so it's
> easy to keep on top of any changes to the drives.

Maybe i should give them a try in a near future? The promise Ultratek
TX8000 can hold 8 disk allthough its not as stable and fast as one
could wish.

> Not to mention the good performance you get from ordinary IDE drives.
> A no-brainer to install w/ Debian, and I'll definitely be purchasing
> more of these for our production servers from here on out.  (But this
> time I'll be getting the 7500 cards that support ATA-133 drives --
> should be even faster)

Any benchmarks available? Does anyone have experince with these cards?

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk

BOFH excuse #219:

Recursivity.  Call back if it happens again.