Re: load average question

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 11:01:28PM -0500, Scott wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Craig Sanders wrote:
> >  - install radius on the RH or Mandrake machine
> >  - configure your NAS boxes to use it
> >  - blow away the suse box and install debian
> >  - (optionally) move radius back to it, configure NAS boxes to use it again.
> >  - install apache and start moving vhost clients over
>
> Uh, considering I am running on little sleep the last week, yes that
> would make a lot more sense.  We encountered several problems getting
> radius to start on the Red Hat box and I don't trust the Mandrake box
> to handle it, I consider radius mission critical and I don't trust
> Mandrake in that role any more.

a quick solution here is to put a working drive in the dead BSDi box(*)
and install debian and cistron-radius on it.  IDE or SCSI would be fine,
it's only temporary to give you another machine to juggle services
around.

btw, in my experience, cistron radius on debian has been rock-solid
stable and reliable.  i'll probably end up switching to freeradius
(still on debian) in the future, but not until either a) i really need
some of the new features or b) there's a non-beta release of freeradius.

(*) i think you said it was the drive that failed here.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Fabricati Diem, PVNC.