Re: ClamScan: Can't initialize virus database

I had the same problem before version clamav (0.51-1) was released. One
would likely assume that you are using clamav < 0.24-3 with the
openantivirus list.

clamav (0.51-1) unstable; urgency=low
  * removed oav-support since upstream doesn't support it anymore

In version 0.51, they changed the way they got the virus signatures
database, so I would suggest to you, to upgrade to 0.51-2 and you'll find
clamscan will work exceptionally well.

Regards,

--
Brad Lay (brad@samford.net)
Systems Administrator

Samford Net
P) +61 7 3855 2233
F) +61 7 3289 5458
W) http://www.samford.net

"You will contract a disease for which the cure
 is so expensive that you will die of poverty."