Re: Potfix + SASL + pwcheck daemon

Hi!

Davi Leal wrote:
> Is sasl compiled "--with-pwcheck" in the debian woody?.

Yes.

> > mkdir /var/pwcheck
> > chmod 777 /var/pwcheck
>
> > pwcheck_method: pwcheck
> /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
>
> > * Upon system startup, arrange for the daemon $prefix/sbin/pwcheck
> > to be run as root in the background.
> I execute /usr/sbin/pwcheck and I dont see any daemon running, "ps -el".

I had the same problem.
After a little research i found out that Debian makes a directory for
pwcheck in /var/run/ but the pwcheck shipped with woody tries to open
a unix-domain-socket in /var/state/pwcheck/

Maybe not the best solution but
rm -rf /var/run/pwcheck
mkdir /var/state/pwcheck
chown cyrus.mail /var/state/pwcheck
chmod 700 /var/state/pwcheck
ln -s /var/state/pwcheck /var/run/pwcheck
should work for you.

HTH,
	Daniel