Re: Postfix + SASL Authentication failed

Hi,

If I remove the /etc/sasldb file I get the below line in the
/var/log/auth.log file, though I have pw_check pam in the
/usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf file.
      Nov  7 18:18:43 excalibur postfix/smtpd[391]: unable to open Berkeley
db /etc/sasldb: No such file or directory

If I copy or link the /usr/lib/sasl/smtpd.conf file to
/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf file I get:
      Nov  7 18:18:48 excalibur PAM_unix[391]: authentication failure;
(uid=101) -> hello for smtp service

It fails too, but it is used the mechanism specified, that is to say, PAM.
Anyway, any idea what I have to do to get Postfix + SASL + PAM  or shadow
working?.  I do not want to use sasldb due to I don't know all the client
passwords.

Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody)
Regards,
Davi Leal