Re: Postfix + SASL Authentication failed

Hi,

The problem was bad permision on /etc/sasldb file. Now works.
     chmod 600 /etc/sasldb
     chown postfix.postfix /etc/sasldb

# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 excalibur.ene.es ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
EHLO excalibur.ene.es
250-excalibur.ene.es
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 204800000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 GSSAPI
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 GSSAPI
250-XVERP
250 8BITMIME
AUTH PLAIN aGVsbG8AaGVsbG8AaGVsbG8=
235 Authentication successful
quit
221 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
#

Anyway, the OutLook 5.50 and Netscape Comunitator 4.73 clients show that the
SMTP server does not reply. I use the same user and password (hello, hello).
I have enabled SMTP authentification and disabled SSL/TLS in OutLook and
Netscape. I do not understand why telnet works and OutLook & Netscape does
not work. Any comment?.

Note: Using telnet from any machine works.

Regards,
Davi Leal