re: LDAP in an ISP

We used cistron radius, pam-ldap, ldap, all from debian installs.
we modified radius to work out the time on-line from the stop record and
update a total in ldap (billing purposes).

The ldap is used for single point for user id, account status
radius for portslave login, static ips, dsl logins etc

Phil