Re: Hardware IDE RAID-1 controller recommandation

> On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:31:00 +0000, Michelle Konzack
> <linux.mailinglists@freenet.de> wrote:
> >A two chanel RAID-1 Controller for two Harddisks for 480 US$ ;-))
>
> They come with a price.
>
> If you're looking for something cheaper, I'd say goodbye to my
> requirements and get some el cheapo promise cards or do software RAID.
>
> >For the quarter price I get a used SCSI-RAID-Controller at 'eBay'
> >and for the rest I can buy two NEW IBM IC35L018...
>
> Then please do so.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

Have fun with it, if a harddisk fails ( on most controllers ) your system will
hang and it doesn't boot anymore. So good luck with your IBM controllers. If i
would buy a controller it would be an Adaptec due to my good experiences with
these controllers.

Good luck :)
  Robbert Helling.

p.s. Sorry for the shitty ad

Snel en makkelijk e-mailen met Wanadoo Webmail!

http://www.wanadoo.nl/webmail