Re: Logrotate weekly prerotate everyday?

> Hello Folks:
>
> I call a local script from...
>
>     /etc/logrotate.d/apache
>
> ...in Debian 3.0 to run Analog reports. It is supposed to run once a
> week, but it runs every day:

It seems that the "sharedscripts" causes this: with "sharedscript" the
prerotate script is always executed (logrotate 3.5.9).

In fact if I use  "nosharedscripts" the prerotate is executed only if a log
file is actually rotated, but it is executed once for each rotation.

It is somewhat understandable, but when the rotation involves several log
files, I think it is more desiderable to exec prerotate if and only if one of
the log files need rotation? My be...

--
Niccolo Rigacci
http://www.texnet.it/