Controlling IP traffic (e.g. per month)

Hi Gurus!

I am doing the administration for a server located at an ISP. We have a certain amount of traffic per month included in the monthly fee. Additional traffic will be paid extra.

Now I want to get more control over the traffic that was already used since the beginning of each month. My ideal configuration would be to get an email when e.g. 80% of the traffic included in the monthly fee got used already. When a new month begins the counter has to be set to zero again.

Is there an easy way to implement this?

Any help is highly appreciated.

TIA

Dieter