Re: Odd network behaviour

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:36:06PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Don't forget the old reliable (adjust params to your particular situation);
> >
> > hdparm -m16 -c1 -d1 -u1 /dev/hda
> > irqtune 3 14

This seems to have fixed up the problem.

> In any case, if things are working properly then the setting of the -u flag
> will not make any difference.  The ideal solution is to determine which
> hardware is defective and replace it.

Being that it's new hardware (AMD XP 2200+), I find it hard to believe
that it wouldn't be able to keep up with a serial port, but if there was
some way I could test the hardware to find if and what would be causing
that sorta problem, that'd be very appreciated.

Thanks.