Re: /proc/sys/fs/file-max maximum?

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 05:02:07PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> > I need the increase the value because I have virtualhosts on my
> > webserver and the log to diff files.
> >
> > beside: OK :) Another possiblity would be to log to one file and
> > split that file every 24 h but right now I have seperate logfiles
> > for each vhost.
>
> My logtools package has everything you need for that.

is there any way to handle separate error logs in apache yet, without
having 1 filehandle per vhost error.log per server process?

my vhosting setup puts everything related to one vhost under one user's
home directory - in public_html/, cgi-bin/, www_logs/ subdirectories.

it would be nice to have one logger process which had file handles open
to each vhost's log files, and each apache process having only 2 handles
(one for error.log, one for access log) open to the logger.

splitting the access log is easy with stuff like your logtools.

AFAICT, though, it's not possible to do that for the error log because
it's just unstructured STDERR, no information is logged about which
vhost a given error.log entry is for.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>