spamassassin on woody -> 'Insecure dependency in mkdir while running setuid'

Hi, I just set up spamassassin on a customer's machine, and was surprised
how smooth the installation was (I just added a section to /etc/procmailrc
as described in /usr/share/doc/spamassassin/examples/procmailrc.example)...

However, my home machine is also running Debian woody and I'm getting this
error in the procmail.log:

Insecure dependency in mkdir while running setuid at
/usr/share/perl/5.6.1/File/Path.pm line 137.
procmail: Program failure (70) of "spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded

The size, ownership and permissions of /usr/bin/spamassassin,
/usr/bin/procmail and /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/File/Path.pm are identical on
both machines...

I'm not a Perl wizard, so I don't know where to look next - and a google
hasn't turned up much help :(

Any takers?

Gavin.