Re: ISP shopping list

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:06, Katim S. Touray wrote:
> I am working on a project to setup a Linux-based, dialup ISP for a small
> academic institution in The Gambia (West Africa), and would appreciate a
> shopping list from anyone who has a similar setup.
>
> In particular, I would appreciate detailed specification of what hardware
> and software packages to buy.  Of especial help would be specifications

Don't buy any software.  Use "freeradius" or one of the other RADIUS servers
in Debian for authenticating users.  Use "portslave" for managing your modems
and authenticating via the RADIUS server.  Use "postfix" as your mail server,
and the "courier" POP and IMAP servers for users to download their mail.  Use
"apache" as your web server.