configure dsl speed touch home and router

Hi,

 I know my isp (bellsouth) change somethings when
they updated the email and servers. I need to know
how to configure my speed touch home dsl modem
using  2.2.19 kernel. I have the latest packages-
woody packages using 2.2 kernel. I was using dhcp on
a network. I need to connect and get back on the internet
using the speed touch modem and also a ip sharer router
(compatible with linux) . Thanks for the information. I am
on  a laptop, using ethernet, pcmcia card, using Debian 2.2.

Shaun Bokowski