Bandwidth testing

Hi all,

I suspect that our upstream bandwidth providers including AGC (Asia Global
Crossing) and that aren't providing us with the maximum possible bandwidth
that we should be theoretically getting. We've been looking at informally
made MRTG reports (yes, we know it isn't very accurate, which is why we're
looking for a better way). And unless we can come up with some hard
figures, the upstreams are ignoring us.

I was wondering what the best way to determine maximum bandwidth
thoughtput is. I've looked at "bing", but it doesn't seem very accurate to
me.

Do you know of a tool or method which can simulate large bandwidth
traffic, or can otherwise measure what maximum bandwidth thoughtput is?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jason